- Social Media
- Corporate & Business
- Intellectual Property Strategy & Licensing
- Employment Law
Laura Slezinger has a passion for the intersection of law, technology, and the creative, entrepreneurial spirit. As an intellectual property and internet law attorney, she has counseled dynamic and growing companies on a wide range of intellectual property and internet related issues, including branding and trademark strategy, social media, licensing & development, marketing & advertising, and a range of transactional corporate needs.
Laura received her BA from UC Berkeley in English & History of Art. She earned her J.D. from the University of San Diego, School of Law where she was Editor-in-Chief of Motions, the law school newspaper. She earned an LL.M. in Intellectual Property & Technology Law from the University of San Francisco, School of Law where she was a staff editor and author on the Intellectual Property Law Bulletin. She worked at the Intellectual Property and Internet Justice Clinic where she advocated for students being sued by the RIAA for alleged illegal downloading of music.
Laura speaks regularly on Intellectual Property Law for Startups and Entrepreneurs. Some of her engagements include:
- "Startup Law Crash Course" at Stanford University for International Entrepreneurs
- "IP Law for Entrepreneurs" at YouNoodle Camp for International Entrepreneurs
- "Legal ABC's for Startups" at the LATISM'13 Conference
- "“Women Entrepreneurs: Founders + Successful Brands” at the Social Edge Summit
- “Top Legal Mistakes Startups Make” at MobileMonday Silicon Valley
- Keynote speaker at the Pitch Mixer Entrepreneur Forum in Berkeley
- Guest Attorney on “This Week in Law” episode #142 “Siri, Behave”
- “Trust” at TedxConstitutionDrive